- This event has passed.
The Great Place Debate!
May 13 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$18
Come along to THE GREAT PLACE DEBATE:
“What is this placemaking malarkey all about. Isn’t it just community engagement?”
Those that work in the placemaking and engagement industry hear this again and again. It is time to set the record straight!
Placemaking peer networking group Place Invaders VIC have invited local community engagement collective Engage 2 Act to duke it out in a fun-filled Great Debate to celebrate Placemaking Week Melbourne.
Pro-teams of placemaking and engagement heavyweights will face off over the juiciest of debate statements:
‘Placemaking is just community engagement. Same, same but different’
Fighting in the Place Invaders corner is:
- Team leader: Samantha Choudhury, Principal, CoDesign Studio
- Peter Smith, CEO, City of Port Philip
- Dean Cracknell, CEO, Team Teams Movement
Fighting in the Engage 2 Act corner is:
- Team leader: Crispin Buttress, Co-Founder Bang the Table
- Mollie Rashleigh, Associate/Team Lead, Capire Consulting Group
- Desley Renton, Director, Renton and Co Engagement Specialists
Interactive debate moderation will be provided by Jessica Christiansen-Franks, CEO of Neighbourlytics who has, hand on heart, given her word she will remain bias-free.
Highly interactive and engaging, a fun-filled event. Get behind your preferred industry and help influence the outcome of this debate. Great networking. Where else will you ever find such an awesome conjunction of community engagement and placemaking people?