Place Week VIC 2019 – 11th-17th May
Place Week is a week-long series of activities that support and celebrate the work of those seeking to transform our public spaces into places where communities can come together.
Last year, from the 20th to the 28th of May, Place Agency and our industry partners launched Place Week VIC as an effort to align event independently planned into a single week to celebrate Place and showcase our collective work. It was an astounding success with a total of 10 events reaching over 200 people.
This year, we have come together again to bring you Place Week Vic 2019!
From the 11th to the 17th of May, the Place Agency Consortium in Victoria has come together to entice you with a series of events including:
- The Bush Bus – an event for children
- Making Green Spaces in Carlton
- The Great Place Debate
- Thriving places: When placemaking meets regenerative design
- Installations and Happenings (Student exhibition, Sandbox Studio)
- Project for Public Spaces Melbourne Chapter Meet Up – A tour through The Living Pavilion
- Rating Place, current practice, why it is important and current limitations.
- Making Sh*t Happen!
- Doomsday Prepping for the Socially Convivial
- Design and Science of University Placemaking
- Tools for digital placemaking: Avoiding Digital Disasters!
- Beyond Tabula Rasa: Towards Deeper Place Engagement in Outer Suburbs
- The changing face of Fishermans Bend: a walk through a shapeshifting urban environment
- Making Montague – the role of placemaking after planning
- What we love about Cremorne, a walking tour
- The Living Pavilion Closing Event – Featuring The Merindas
Please Click here to access the Place Week Schedule_FINAL and download the flyer of events or access the orange links above to learn more about the events and find the information on how to register. This draft agenda is subject to change and we will continue to update this post to reflect the most up-to-date information.
If you are planning a place-related event and you would like it to be a part of this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your event and we will get in touch with you.